Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Chickens at 5 weeks

They are getting bigger every day! I was reading over the weekend that roosters start crowing at 6-8 weeks so Buster should be cock a doodle dooin in the next few weeks. Which will be hilarious if it is around 8 weeks because my entire family will be out here camping in my backyard for the reunion and they are going to have an early wake up call. Anyway, just thought I would show how big they were before I left for my girl's weekend thing. I will take some video when I get home tommorrow if they have substantially grown. I am hoping everything has gotten bigger since I left. I am really excited to check on the tomatoes and blueberries. I also can't wait to check on Rex and see how long his hair is! I am hoping within the next couple of weeks I will be able to shear him for the first time. I am also going to be setting a schedule for myself with the wool or I will NEVER get it all done. I also received my Merino raw wool I ordered a while back in the mail so I have to clean that as well. I also tried my hand at carding and I think I have that figured out and have made my first few rolags. (I will explain what those are later). Anyway, I think things are coming along really great and I am very satisfied. I do need to finish weeding the side garden along the fence because that is where I am going to be planting the cabbage and broccoli seeds. Hopefully my sunflowers and Nasturtiums have grown since I have been gone and I can get those planted here in a little while as well? I have my loving husband, two adorable children, animals I love and a garden waiting for me and I can't wait to get back!

No comments: