Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grinding Wheat

Hey there, so I have had a very, very busy day. I got up and took care of my animals and then watered all the plants. Then, my wheat grinder and yogurt maker came, YEAH! I am so excited. So I took 2 cupfuls of wheat berries and started grinding away thinking it wouldn't take to terribly long. Boy was I wrong! I have probably ground the wheat for a total of at least 2 hours off and on all day and I am still needing to grind more but I am definitely getting closer. I would like to have enough flour to make a loaf of bread in my bread machine. We are leaving tommorrow for the weekend so I don't think it will be done before we leave but if I am I will stick the ground flour into a gallon size ziploc bag and stick it in my refrigerator so it will be waiting for me when I get home. The boys helped out alot and they seemed to enjoy it, even Tyler pitched in a bit. The next batch I do I will be making tally marks for everytime I put it through the blender so that I can have a better idea of how long I have to grind it for.



No comments: