Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Concede

Okay, I haven't even gotten through one 25 lb bag of wheat and I am already bowing out of grinding by hand! We just use to much flour I can't keep up! So my solution is I bought a Kitchenaid Mixer and I am just waiting for the grain mill attachment. I got this instead of just a wheat grinder because of the versatility and it will take up less space. I can not only grind wheat but I can make bread, pasta, sausage, fruit puree, cakes, cookies, ice cream and so much more. It seemed the obvious choice. I have been informed that the grain mill is noisy but I figure it couldn't be much worse than my hand grinder. I didn't buy the pasta attachment though because it was $130!!!! So I just bought a hand operated one with a pasta drying rack and a cookbook for only $80. I will post some videos later on the different things I am trying to make. The animals are doing great although the ducks have not laid one egg since that first one. The chickens are getting much bigger and are almost completely feathered out. Rex is good his hair is finally long enough so I am starting to trim a little every day, he looks kind of funny cause in the middle of all his fluff he has a big "bald" spot! The vegetables are doing good as well. I wish they were doing better but there is only so much I can do! The chickens got a little to excited with the lettuce so I planted some more in the bare spots of the garden. All in all things are going great on the Deveraux Homestead.

No comments: