Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Duck House

So, I built a duck house for my ducks out of some pallets I got from DH's work for FREE! I also had some plywood just laying around that I used for the sides and roof. I will post a picture of it a little later I am just in the middle of organizing my house and wanted to take a break. I put them in last night and set up a temporary to door to cage them in or so I thought. I went out this morning and discovered that they were not in their cage, they squeezed through the one side pallet I didnt have covered! They did make their way to the shed were they had originally been put though but now I have a huge mess of duck poo and pine shavings I will need to go clean out tonight. The ducks are doing great and the dogs have gotten used to them and even the chickens! We can let them out all at once and the dogs do really well leaving them alone, they still need supervision though. The garden, with the exception of the peas and beans, is growing really well! I will post more on that later. Anyway, I just need to finish the 2 sides and door for the duck pen and all will be well! TTFN!

No comments: