Saturday, July 26, 2008

Garden Update 7 26 08

Hey, my garden has just started taking off and fruiting like crazy! I planted some more peas and beans hoping that I could get some this season so hopefully it will work. We have already started enjoying the cucumbers, lettuce, swiss chard and beet greens. I also have a small watermelon starting! It is so cute. I hope it tastes as good as everything else has. Tyler is anxious for the cantaloupe to get going so I am excited for those to come in. We have plenty of cantaloupe blooms. Getting more green tomatoes just waiting for them to ripen and even the peppers are starting to do better. I think it has to do with the fact that I put in drip hoses to water the plants so the water goes right to the roots. I am planning next years garden and will be adding at least 3 more boxes and some fruit trees and more berry bushes. I can't wait.


No comments: