Sunday, July 13, 2008

So much to do So Little Time

I sat down yesterday and made out a schedule for myself so that I can make sure I get all the things done that I want to do. Boy is there a lot but I have a routine with all the animals now and that really helps. I can get them taken care of in about 15 minutes and then I water the plants. I have included a clip of my garden to date and it is looking really great. We have already had quite a bit of the swiss chard and lettuce. The beans and peas kind of flopped so I ordered more seeds and will be starting those when I get them and will plant more per box and maybe that will help protect them from the sun more. The chickens are doing a great job of eating all the bugs in the garden, I hardly have any lettuce with bug bites on them anymore. The ducks are great and I figured out why the females weren't laying- they are molting- how do I know that? I have TONS of white and brown feathers all over my yard! But no fear, I have been collecting them and will be sending them to my BIL so that he can use them in his primitive crafts that he makes. I have also been joking that I will save all the down to make myself a down pillow!! Not really going to happen. That would take forever. Rex is doing great I have been cutting his hair a little bit each day and he is really starting to relax while I am doing it although he still won't hold still for longer than 10 min. All I have left is his stomach and hind legs. The fiber is SOOOOO Soft!! I can't wait to spin it. I got my pasta maker and will be attaching a video the next time I make pasta with it. It is really good and very good for us. All it has in it are eggs, flour and salt. Brant really likes to help me make the pasta. I also ground some wheat and made whole wheat banana bread which I will also be attaching a video of a little later. I purchased a butter bell which is supposed to keep my butter soft and fresh, out of the fridge, for 30 days. I don't think it will last that long though. So I made a bunch of butter today so we could have it on the banana bread. All in all, things are going great and I am more excited to learn new things like making CHEESE!

No comments: