Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Making Apricot Jam

I got a post the other day that a guy around the corner from me had apricots he didn't want so he was allowing people to come and pick what they wanted. So, Brant, Tyler and I went over and picked a large box of them. They were not quite ripe so I decided to make apricot jam with them. The following video shows the process of how I made the jam. It was time consuming but really fun and it tastes really good. I have been having peanut butter and apricot jam sandwiches for lunch. I was able to make 12 pint jars of it. I also was able to pick some from my neighbors tree today. They were just sitting there falling of the tree one by one so I asked and she said we could pick the whole tree if we wanted! Yeah an endless supply of apricots. I am going to be purchasing a food dehydrator so that we can dry some of them. I would also like to make some fruit rolll ups. The boys have just been eating them raw as well. I may not have to plant an apricot tree after all! Anyway, just thought I would share.

No comments: